Sleep during pregnancy is hard. There are many joys to being pregnant, but there are a few nuances that no mother to be will ever appreciate and that is not being able to sleep and not being able to sleep comfortable. We are providing the ultimate guide to sleep during pregnancy. Here are the causes, the dos and the don’ts and tips to get the sleep you need when you are pregnant.
Here are some tips to get decent sleep while you are pregnant:
- Avoid caffeine if not limit the caffeine intake.
- Take naps, but keep them short.
- Eat protein before bed.
- Limit using devices close to bedtime.
Talk to you doctor and check out this infographic and more tips and recommendations below.
Recommendations to Get Better Sleep
-Restrict fluids after 6pm. This reduces the night time bathroom breaks.
-Workout early. Working out in the morning, afternoon and early evening will promote better sleep.
- Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow
- Boppy Pregnancy Wedge
- Premium Contoured Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow
Also remember to sleep on your left side. Why is this important? Sleeping on your left side improves circulation to the heart and allows for the best blood flow to the fetus, uterus, and kidneys.
Like what you read? Here are some other articles to check out:
- 8 Must Things to Add to Your Pregnancy List
- Postpartum Care for the First Six Weeks
- Postpartum Essentials