Thinking about coming to a Mommycon? You should! Mommycon is a natural parenting convention dedicated to bringing modern parents together for the purpose of discussion, connection and building community. We attending Mommycon Chicago and Mommycon Columbus and loved it.
Here are 10 tips to help you through Mommycon
- Get your ticket. There are several types of tickets and the good ones such as the VIP go fast. Save $5 off with code – EXPECTINGMAMAS17
- Look at the schedule. There are tons of good sessions. Take a look at the schedule and see what sessions you want to go to. This helps you plan without being overwhelmed.
- Attend a sponsored session. There are sponsored sessions from the breastfeeding, babywearing and more. Great information, great resources and some hands on experience depending on the session.
- Map your route and stay. Make sure your accommodations and parking are taking care of. The last thing you want to do is stress yourself out before you get there.
- Introduce yourself. Seriously, this is an outgoing and friendly community. You can meet some great mamas here. Plus, if you have a session you missed out on, you could share notes( or phone numbers).
- Find out about the vendors. There are some great vendors that come to the shows and they can vary city my city. And you will always find great vendor that has something cool you’ll love.
- Make a budget (and plan to a few extras). There are great deals, great vendors and exclusive items. It’s easy to spend on all the great stuff there. So, once you check out that vendor list and make a budget on what you want to spend with each vendor.
- Talk to the experts. Have questions? Ask the experts. After the sessions, they are usually available. They are friendly and a great resource right there.
- Prepare for the swag. Mommycon has great swags for their attendees. Don’t wait til the end to grab it. You may have to carry around or if you can take back to your car or hotel. Some hotels offer bag check where you could come back and pick up your swag bag.
- Rest. This can be overwhelming. There’s tons of information and lots of people. Take care yourself so you can take full advantage of Mommycon.
Check out our review of Mommycon Chicago.
This year Mommycon Chicago features three days of sessions, two days of exhibitors and two amazing conferences (Mommycon and WEAR) under one roof.
What is WEAR all about?
WEAR – A Babywearing Conference is focused on promoting safe, comfortable and accessible babywearing education. The conference seeks to educate and preserve indigenous babywearing practices while showcasing the latest in babywearing fashion, design and innovation.
Get your tickets at Mommycon.com and WEAR. Don’t forget to use the discount promo code.
Wife and mother of twins. Founder of Pride & Joy Baby Planners and The Expecting Mamas Network.