There is just about a national day for everything. There is National Pancake Day, Pie Day and Kite Flying day. National Drink Wine Day is February 18th (not to get confused with National Wine Day, which is May 25th) of every year.
Why a National Drink Wine Day? Why not? This day is to help bring awareness to the health benefits of drinking wine. Doctors say that a glass of wine a day can extend your life. How?
Facts about Wine
- Red wine makes people happy.
- Red wine has anti-age reducing properties.
- Red wine can reduce the risk of dementia.
- Wine can reduce ovarian and breast cancer cells.
- Wine can decrease your cholesterol levels.
- Wine reduces the risk of coronary heart disease.
These are just a few of the benefits of drinking wine in MODERATE consumption.
Here are some ideas to enjoy National Drink Wine Day:
Other wine days you can celebrate this year?
- March 3rd Mulled Wine Day
- April 17th Malbec Day
- April 24th Sauvignon Blanc Day
- May 9th Moscato Day
- May 21st Chardonnay Day
- June 11th (or August 14th) Rosé Wine Day
- August 1st Albariño Day
- August 18th Pinot Noir Day
- September 3 Cabernet Day
- September 18th Grenache Day
- November 7th Merlot Day
- November 12th Tempranillo Day
- November 19th Zinfandel Day
- December 31th Champagne Day
Cheers to National Drink Wine Day!
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for keeping the lights on at Becoming Family.