Postpartum care is important after having your baby. You may focus so much on preparing for your baby that you forget or put little effort in preparing for self-care for yourself as a new mama. In the first six weeks of postpartum care, foods are important in healing your body. Here’s a postpartum recipe that is simple to make. This recipe contains ingredients that provide energy a new mama needs. Chili is a classic meal and easy to eat if you just have one hand.
- 1 box tomato sauce (around 33oz)
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can light red kidney beans
- 1/2 can whole kernel corn
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp pepper
- Cut and rinse all veggies.
- Combine tomato sauce, vegetable stock, and tomato paste in a large pot, whisking together to blend.
- Add in all remaining ingredients, stir, cover, and set to cook on medium heat for 1 hour.
- Stir occasionally, and if the temperature gets too high reduce to medium/low.
- Serve with sour cream, cheese, and green onions.
*Meat can be added if desired.
Wife and mother of twins. Founder of Pride & Joy Baby Planners and The Expecting Mamas Network.