If you are a new mom, I wanted to give you a challenge — the Self Care for New Moms Challenge. I wanted to give this a try and see how mamas would like this.
Now, this is a challenge to help you embrace your new role as a mom. When you have a baby, your life has changed dramatically. This time can be exhaustion, conflict, joys, cries, moods swings, tears of joy and so on.
With this challenge, everyday is meant to fun and really enjoy the moment in the midst of chaos (and if you are in the first week of parenthood there is chaos) and if you on maternity leave a switch it up to really focus on at least one moment instead of going through routine or combat some of the boredom you may experience.
30 Day Self Care for New Moms Challenge
- Take a selfie.
- Take a walk around your neighborhood.
- Go to your local library.
- Journal your happiest moment for the day.
- Get a manicure or pedicure.
- Go out for dessert only. ( I still do this!)
- Check out your local bookstore.
- Watch a movie or two.
- Text/call 3 friends.
- Have a game night with friends or spouse.
- Have dad give baby a bath.
- Go to the pool.
- Plan a grown-up playdate.
- Check out your local museum.
- Go to the zoo.
- Go to the farmer’s market.
- Make a baby craft.
- Invite a friend over to hang out.
- Fill out your baby book.
- Have a jam out session to your favorite song.
- Take stroll around the mall (mall outdoor if it is a nice day).
- Join your local YMCA.
- Put on one of your favorite lipstick/eyeliner/lip gloss.
- Youtube search and watch a funny video.
- Read a book when nursing.
- Plan date night in bed.
- Go to your local state park.
- Read your favorite book to your child.
- Do something just for you!
- Take a deep breathe.
There are thirty days worth of things to do. With this 30 day mom challenge, you can each one every day for a month, once a week or choose daily challenge to everyday for a month, two or a year.
Let us know that you doing the Self Care for New Moms challenge — follow us on Facebook or Instagram and tag us in you perform any of the 30 challenges #becomingmamas. We would love to see them and cheer you on!
Free Newborn Schedule Printable to help you establish your baby's schedule today!
Creating Your Newborn Schedule
Wife and mother of twins. Founder of Pride & Joy Baby Planners and The Expecting Mamas Network.